PS4 Controller Keeps Disconnecting From PC [SOLVED]
It is a total hassle when your PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting from your computer. It is annoying and irritating when you are gaming with your Steam friends, and the PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from PC.
Although it is not an issue, we must address it as soon as possible. That is why we are here to provide the most effective methods for resolving this issue.
Some players have stated that it disconnects after a few seconds of connection, while others have noted that it happens at any time. Resynchronizing your controller is one option. Before totally restarting the system, resynchronizing will give you enough time to save your game progress. See and take a closer look at why the PS4 controller is losing connectivity and how to fix it.
We have gathered a list of solutions in this post to assist you in addressing the problems where your PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting from PC Bluetooth.
1. Why Does My PS4 Controller Keep Disconnecting From My PC?
There are many reasons why your PS4 keeps disconnecting from the Wi-Fi. Some of the most common causes are outdated Bluetooth drivers, bad firmware, signal interference from neighboring devices, broken USB ports, controller support, or operating system difficulties.
The following are some of the most common causes for the PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting from the PC:
1.1. PS4 Controller Setups
After disconnecting from a PS4 some PS4 configurations may be stored on the controller that may be downloaded. To get rid of these configurations and ensure that the PS4 controller keeps disconnecting issue is resolved, we recommend resetting the controller first and then the PS4 when the controller is connected.
1.2. Bluetooth Setups
Incorrect Bluetooth configurations on the PC are the cause of this issue. As a result, we recommend that you try troubleshooting them to see where the problem is coming from.
1.3. Damaged Cables
Modern controllers keep track of the devices they have connected to, and they may be becoming mixed up, causing this problem. As a result, we propose refreshing the connections list and then checking to see if the problem has been fixed.
1.4. Expired Bluetooth Drivers
The PS4 Controller may keep disconnecting if the Bluetooth Drivers installed on the PC are outdated or poorly configured. As a result, we recommend you either update the drivers as described or remove and reinstall them.
1.5. Broken or Defective Controller
A defective controller can sometimes prevent a user from connecting to their Windows PC or, for that matter, their PS4. If everything else fails, it may be time to investigate whether the controller is broken and disconnecting from the computer as a result.
1.6. Missing DualShock 4 Software
PS4 controllers are not meant to be connected to computers, so they will need some tinkering to work correctly. As a result, we propose that you download and install the DualShock 4 software.
Check to see which one causes your controller to disconnect from your pc. You won’t be able to play any games on your PC until you fix this issue.
2. PS4 Controller Connects Then Disconnects PC Bluetooth
If you connect your PS4 controller to a Bluetooth device, it will most likely keep disconnecting. Please get in touch with us while we explain how everything works. If this method does not work for you, don’t panic; we have a section dedicated to what to do if nothing else helps.
Your system may fail to install Bluetooth drivers, even if you connect your controller to your PC successfully, therefore make sure your PC installs Bluetooth services before connecting the controller. Follow these steps when your PS4 Controller keeps disconnecting from PC wireless.
- If you’re using Windows 10, go to the control panel and search for “Device and Printers,”
- Click on Device and printers.
- If your controller is attached to your PC, locate it in “Device and Printers,” right-click on it.
- Select “Remove Device.”
- Open Bluetooth settings and select “Add Bluetooth Device” if your controller is not linked to your PC.
- Press the “PlayStation” and “Share” buttons on the controller at the same time to enable Bluetooth pairing mode.
- When you press both buttons for a few seconds, the controller will begin to flash, and your PC will identify it.
- When your PC finds your controller, right-click on it and then pick “Properties”.
- A dialogue box will open; tick the box “Drivers for keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- Click “Apply” and then “Ok.”
- Press right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray, after installing the drivers.
- Click “Allow a device to connect” and follow the on-screen instructions to end the process.
- Hopefully, once linked, it will not disconnect again while you are gaming.
3. PS4 Controller Keeps Disconnecting From PC Steam
To rapidly resolve the issue, you must follow the steps given below.
- Navigate to Steam settings, choose controller, and then click on the general controller settings.
- Check the type of controller you have; for the PS4 controller, choose PlayStation configuration support.
- Select “Never” for controller shutdown time; by default, it must be set to 15 minutes.
If you’re lucky, it should solve the problem temporarily or permanently. However, if the first step fails, then using DualShock 4 will be a better approach.
4. What to Do If Nothing Helps?
If you’ve done everything listed above and are still having problems connecting, try the following steps to see to find a solution:
- Consider using a different controller. If you have an Xbox One or Steam controller, plug it in and try it.
- Check that the controller is charged.
- Reinstalling Windows may be an option.
- If you’re using DS4 Windows, click its options and check the box next to ‘Hide DS4 controller,’ then connect the controller before starting the game.
- If you’re now using a USB 2.0 slot, switch to a USB 3.0 port.
- You’re using a generic USB adapter, get the Sony wireless adapter.
- If you play on Steam, test if it happens when you play on other platforms or when you play a game installed on your PC and see if it still disconnects.
- If the controller lights red to indicate high lag, switch it off by holding the PS button and pair it again after 5 – 10 minutes.
If your PS4 controller keeps disconnecting from your PC, follow the steps mentioned above in this article. These methods work on all versions of Windows and Mac OS. Hopefully, the following solutions will assist you in entirely resolving the error. We have thoroughly defined all of the processes so that even a newbie may understand them.